CPESN® Massachusetts Minimum Service Sets
- Home Delivery: Pharmacy-provided delivery service; call pharmacy for details
- Adherence Packaging: Unit dose packaging designed to assist patients with medication organization by incorporating date and time into the unit dose device; call pharmacy to determine whether or not fee applies. This service may include the pharmacist working with the patients and/or their caregivers to determine an appropriate adherence packaging system such as bubble packing, medication strips, med planners, or automated medication planners. The pharmacist will work closely with patient, caregivers, and prescribers to make sure that the medications including dosing regimens are up-to-date routinely.
- Comprehensive Medication Reviews: A systemic assessment of medications, including prescription, over-the-counter, herbal medications and dietary supplements to identify medication-related problems, prioritize a list of medication therapy problems and create a patient-specific plan to resolve medication therapy problems working with the extended healthcare team.
- Medication Synchronization Program: Aligning a patient’s routine medications to be filled at the same time each month. The pharmacists will provide clinical medication management and monitoring for progression toward desired therapeutic goals during the patient appointment at time of medication pick-up or delivery.
- Immunizations: Act of screening patients for ACIP recommended immunizations, educate patients about needed immunizations and administer immunizations when appropriate.
- Medication Reconciliation: The process of comparing a patient’s medication orders to all of the medications that the patient has been taking (active, chronic, as needed and OTC including herbal) to avoid medication errors. This service is especially important during transitions of care when patients are most vulnerable to medication errors or mishaps.
- Personal Medication Record: Ability to create a comprehensive list of current patient medications manually or from dispensing software